The purpose of Procedure Text:
- To tell how to make or to do something
- To tell how something is achieved through a sequence of steps.
Generic Structure of Procedure Text:
- 1. Goal/Aim (Tujuan)
- 2. Materials (Bahan-bahan)
- 3. Steps/Methods (Langkah-langkah)
How to operate Vacuum Cleaner
- First, make sure that all parts of the equipment are fixed correctly. Then, plug in the socket.
- After that, press the power button.
- Next, move the vacuum cleaner on the floor from the front part of the house to the back part.
- When you have finished cleaning the floor, turn off the power.
- Press the red button to release the dust bag.
- Empty the dust bag and fix it again on the machine.
1. Which of the following buttons you shold press before taking off the dust bag?
a. The red button
b. The green button
c. The power button
d. The yellow button
2. What should you do before pressing the power button on?
a. Fixing the dust bin
b. Emptying the dust bag
c. Plugging in the socket
d. Moving the vacuum cleaner back and forth
See other examples of Procedure Text.
How to Make a Pulley.
How to Make a Pulley
● At least 2 points around which to loop the string, e.g. sticks (approx. 2 cm wide and 30 cm long), table legs or chair legs.
● Strong non-twisting string, twice the length of the distance to be covered.
● At least 1 carrier of a suitable size to carry message, e.g. small, light box.
● Masking tape
● At least 2 operators
● Measure the distance between the two points.
● Cut the string to twice this distance.
● Loop the string around the points.
● Tie the ends of the string in a knot so that the string is stretched firmly between the points.
● Attach the box/boxes to the string with masking tape.
● Test the pulley out by the operator pulling one side of the string.
How to Make Patty Cakes.
How to Make Patty Cakes
● 3 tablespoons of butter
● ¼ cup castor sugar
● 1 egg
● ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
● 1 cup self-raising flour
● Pinch salt
● ¼ cup milk
● Beat butter and sugar to cream
● Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla. Beat well.
● Sift flour and salt together
● Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Mix well
● Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into well-greased patty tins or papers.
● Bake in a moderately hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes
● Cool on a wire rack. Then ice with butter icing